Insert Button in Developer Tab is Greyed out - Why? How do I fix it?

This is a discussion on Insert Button in Developer Tab is Greyed out - Why? How do I fix it? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; In my Developer tab in Excel 2010, under the controls section, my Insert button is greyed out. I have a ...

Board Regular

Question Insert Button in Developer Tab is Greyed out - Why? How do I fix it?

In my Developer tab in Excel 2010, under the controls section, my Insert button is greyed out. I have a push button on the page that I put there years ago with excel 2003 and now I want to delete it. However, nothing I do is working. If I right click on it, nothing happens. If I left click it, it runs a macro that I assigned to it years ago. I cant even move the button around on the page.
    I have a feeling that the fact my Insert button is unavailable has something to do with the unablity to deal with this button. I did read to go to the File-Options-Advanced and under the Display options for Objects click the Show All button. I already did this.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make the insert button available or to delete or move this push button from the page?

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Insert Button in Developer Tab is Greyed out - Why? How do I fix it?

Is your Design Mode button enabled? If not, is the sheet protected, or Shared, or do you have multiple sheets selected?

Board Regular

Default Re: Insert Button in Developer Tab is Greyed out - Why? How do I fix it?

RoryA, how stupid am I? The sheet was protected. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

Thank you for that tip.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others