Can I filter this differently?

Skyline69

Board Regular
I would like to be able to filter the attached numbers differently than what the numbers filter offers. I would like to be able to sort a group of numbers like in 3's or 4's. Is this possible? Not to complicate things it would be nice to be able to find an exact match. I have added a column F and notes under I and J. I have tried and tried several things but can not seem to find something that works. I appreciate any incite you may have I also have posted this question on another forum (Can I filter this differently? ) Not to complicate things it would be nice to be able to find an exact match. I have added a column F and notes under I and J

Here is the link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6tvv56x2fdoeeg/Filter excel fourm.xlsx

Thank you all!!!!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
I do not download stuff - the protocol on here is to out up some data and tell us what you are trying to do

Upvote 0
use the macro recorder, do a filter. stop the record and modify the code to what you want to match.

Upvote 0
He is not saying your breaking the policy, he is saying most people post up a sample and from that sample we can try to do what you want. Not everyone wants to download a file (for both personal and security reasons).

Recording Macros in Excel - YouTube for excel macro recorder

Upvote 0
He is not saying your breaking the policy, he is saying most people post up a sample and from that sample we can try to do what you want. Not everyone wants to download a file (for both personal and security reasons).

Recording Macros in Excel - YouTube for excel macro recorder

ah, I understand now, it would be difficult for me to explain I think without the dl.

I watcged the video several times but I do not get it. I mean, how can I sort what I want to sort using this application? How would I even get started writing this?

Upvote 0
if you put up an example of your original data, or some made up data, together with how you want it to look, we can try to help you. Macros do not need to be complicated !

Upvote 0
if you put up an example of your original data, or some made up data, together with how you want it to look, we can try to help you. Macros do not need to be complicated !

This is exactly how it looks on my sheets:

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2368;width:56pt" width="74"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:1248;width:29pt" width="39"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
I do have two other columns that have a location and number in series like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,etc.... I want to be able to sort say all of the

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2368;width:56pt" width="74"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:1248;width:29pt" width="39"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
throughout all my rows. I have 62,000 rows now but will have well over 300,000 rows of information by the time I am through. I am trying to save time and right now it is taking forever to locate the information. I hope this helps

Upvote 0
ok we can see how the data looks - now post what you want it to look like - some rows have one number - some have 2 - do you want for example all the 10 8
rows to be together eg
10 8
10 8
10 8

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back