VBA Learner (Excel for Finance)

Kaiser Khan

Hi Guys

I am sort of good at using excel for finance function for my job purpose. However I have come across some VBA enabled excel sheets which do excellent job.

I would like to learn how to code VBA. I have started reading a book on VBA learning.

It would be great if you can give me some tips and ideas of how to learn VBA easily ??

Thanks

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Learn how to use the VBA help files. Take advantage of the free VBA tutorials on line. Buy a couple of books on VBA programming. Most importantly, start a VBA project that will touch on data manipulation, finding data across workbooks and worksheets, creating charts, use of UserForms and Controls. In other words, try to apply the code to a real situation. You can always go to the forums when you get stuck, but first try to resolve the issue yourself and the solution will stick in your brain. If you rely too heavily on outside help, it takes much longer to sink in.

Upvote 0
Kaiser,

have a look at the list Hiker95 has in post #3. http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...isual-basic-applications.html?highlight=Hiker

It should keep you busy for an hour, day, week or month! I have been learning for the last 10 months and only feel I have the basics. There is so much to learn.

Also, write some simple code for yourself (practise, practise) and have a look at how people write code for answers to this forum.

FarmerScott

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back