Search column in 1 spreadsheet and create new spreadsheet using data from another.

C4pnk1rk

Hello folks. Ive done some serious searching and might have overlooked the answer elsewhere, so I appologize if that's the case...

I have an exported .xls file that has columns of data in it. This is an inventory document, so its got stuff like Sku(Column C), item description(Column E), serial number(Column H), etc. Each item has a "saleable" or "not-saleable" tag thats notated by either a 1 or a 5 in Column J. I need to be able to take new inventory and scan their unique serial numbers into a column, then be able to run a macro that will search the previously exported .xls file (this file will be dynamic, so a file location search will be needed), and match up the information. Say if I scan 3 items; A12345, A12346, and A12347, I need the macro to take this information, search the .xls export, and create a new document that contains each item on its own line, that will look like "A12345 Description" The reason Im teling you about the Column J is because I only need to search for the Saleable items, and ignore all Non-Saleable. I can elaborate more if anyone is confused, but this little project has me stumped. The last bit I need to do is change the A12345 part of the newly created spreadsheet to be a barcode, but the "Description" part would be normal font. I have barcode fonts already installed on the computer and know how to change font selections, but Im not sure how to do multiple selections in 1 macro.

-Zack

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back