Question on Formatting a "MsgBox" Box

golf4

Hi, everyone -

I hope everyone's day is going ok.........

I was hoping I could get some guidance on one issue I'm having in developing some VB code for a msgbox. Basically, part of the msgbox coding reads:
PaperWarning = MsgBox("PRIOR TO PRINTING ANY WORKSHEETS: Have you verified whether any household member qualifies for the Earned Income Disregard (MEID)??? Click YES once you've verified each household member's status and continue printing your worksheets. Otherwise, click NO and correct data entry.", vbYesNo, "REMINDER: CHECK MEID QUALIFICATIONS WITHIN HOUSEHOLD!!!")
If PaperWarning = 6 Then
..... blah,,,,,blah,,,,,blah....

The question that I have is about how I can format the actual msgbox box that appears when the code strip is activated. The changes I'm looking for is to [1] enlarge the box itself, [2] increase the font size of the text, and [3] possible change the color. Would I have to do this, somehow, within the code itself? I'm not finding a "Property" way of changing a msgbox box's format.

Thanks for the help,

Golf

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
The problem you are facing is that the code you are using for your message box is actually an API call to a Win32 function. With out going ot far over your head that means that it is a set bit of code inside windows used by all applications. In order to change the color you sould have to have a c++ compiler and that is just way more then you are asking for. What you could do is create your own message box with the vb editer and then call that form to load. With a VBA form you can set the colors, fonts ect any way that you like. The only draw back is that it would mean that your spreadsheet would have a built in mirco and this size (in memory) will be large becuase you have a form inside it.

Upvote 0
Hi, Zack & Erik -

Thanks for the quick responses --- really appreciate the ideas.

Zack - Sorry for not getting back to you on the Jeopardy PPT program. My computer, at home, did the big CRASH :x based on some of these wonderful viruses floating around out there. Had to take it in to have everything cleaned up, had everthing upgraded and just got back on-line last night. Is it still ok for me to send you my address stuf for a copy?

Thanks again,

Golf

Upvote 0
yup!

i have the original version anytime you want it. it's being, outsourced in a way :wink: , to obtain double jeopardy also. i can send you an original copy now, and an updated one when i receive that too. just don't forget to specify how many copies you would like.

btw, cd's are cd-r, not cd-rw, and will be burned w/ nero v 6.

Upvote 0
GREAT!!!

I'll send you a PM when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks again,

Golf

Upvote 0
Hi, Zack -

I just downloaded and installed Colo's ktMsgBox utility and gave it a shot.

MAN O' MAN!!!!! IT WORKS FANTASTIC. The included wizard works like a charm. Thanks so much for the heads-up. Highly recommended for everyone. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Take care,

Golf

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back