Copy and reference a lot of data easy quick way???

dracron

right now I have in column A =worksheet2!$A$2 and column B =Worksheet2!$B$1 for the first 41 cells and then the next 41 cells I have =worksheet2!$A$2 and column B =Worksheet2!$C$1. and so on. Problem is I would have to type this over and over again for 100s of different cells.

Is there a quicker way I can do this in a macro?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Place this formula in cell A1, and copy down for all rows. Every 41 rows, it will pull the next cell from column A on worksheet2.
Code:
=INDIRECT("worksheet2!$A$" & INT(((ROW()-1)/41)+1))
Just adjust the column letter reference to use this same formula for other columns.

Upvote 0
Works great! exactly what I was looking for thank you!!
How can I make it start from A2?
Additionally, How could I adjust this so it will take data horizontally and paste vertically? I need to take data from B1:AO1 and copy that vertically in the 41 cells over and over again.

I love this site!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How can I make it start from A2?
=INDIRECT("worksheet2!$A$" & INT(((ROW()-2)/41)+1))

Additionally, How could I adjust this so it will take data horizontally and paste vertically?
Maybe:
Copy -> Paste Special -> Transpose

Upvote 0
I figured out the -2 right before seeing your message lol.
I was hoping to avoid using transpose and have it run automatically but its not that big of a deal. Appreciate your help my friend!

Upvote 0
I was hoping to avoid using transpose and have it run automatically but its not that big of a deal.
There may be a way of doing it using INDIRECT also, but it would be a bit more complex, since you would have to convert column letters to their equivalent numbers. I did't really try it, because I am unsure of what exactly is being copied to where. I would need you to describe the first few iterations of that.

You may be able to use Macro/VBA code to automate the redundancy of Copy -> Paste Special Transpose actions too.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back