Copy & pasting Formula with one constant cell and one mo

This is a discussion on Copy & pasting Formula with one constant cell and one mo within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I am trying to copy and paste the following formula where the Formula Adjust E10 stays constant and the D23 ...

Default Copy & pasting Formula with one constant cell and one mo

I am trying to copy and paste the following formula where the Formula Adjust E10 stays constant and the D23 changes for each row. =SUM(D23*'Formula Adjust'!$E$10*1.07)

I can't figure out how to keep the one constant - it keeps tring to change - on the next line it looks like this - =SUM(D24*'Formula Adjust'!E11)*1.07 - I want to keep the link to the same cell while the other changes going down.

Board Regular

Default Re: Copy & pasting Formula with one constant cell and on

I am not quit sure what you mean, but try it with just one $.
    $E10 or E$10

Hope this solve your problem

Quote Originally Posted by Starlightjewel
    I am trying to copy and paste the following formula where the Formula Adjust E10 stays constant and the D23 changes for each row. =SUM(D23*'Formula Adjust'!$E$10*1.07)

I can't figure out how to keep the one constant - it keeps tring to change - on the next line it looks like this - =SUM(D24*'Formula Adjust'!E11)*1.07 - I want to keep the link to the same cell while the other changes going down.
    You don't need the outer SUM and

=D23*'Formula Adjust'!$E$10*1.07

copied 1 row down, would become:

=D24*'Formula Adjust'!$E$10*1.07

because E10 is completely locked, while E$10 would also work as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlightjewel

It looks like you are doing it correctly -- anchoring the row and column on the E10 reference. Are you using copy/paste?
    just_jon
    Book of the Month: I'm Not Really an MVP, I Just Play One on TV [j. jon, 2004]

I'm not sure what I did differently, but I tried everything above and it's working now. I have 250 tabs to fix and really didn't want to do it manually. Thanks so Much!!!!

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others