Importing multiple CSV files to Excel

This is a discussion on Importing multiple CSV files to Excel within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I have a bunch of CSV files in a folder. I'd like to import each file into Excel using the ...

Lightbulb Importing multiple CSV files to Excel

I have a bunch of CSV files in a folder. I'd like to import each file into Excel using the 'Import from Text' tool by typing the name of the file into a cell. I then need to format all of the data into a specific layout.
    All of the files are in the same folder and are identical in terms of headings used, number of entries, size etc. The final layout will also be identical each time, it's just a matter of getting the data from the CSV file into the correct places and applying the correct formatting.
    I have a template layout in a separate Excel workbook, so could either use this if possible or could apply the formatting from scratch within the macro.
    I've never written a VBA code before and am just starting out recording macros (the absolute basics) because I know that's the way to get automating processes like this. A suggestion on how to record this macro myself would be absolutely ideal, as a bunch of code with no explanation will be difficult for me to edit later if needs be, however any advice is much appreciated.

Board Regular

Default Re: Importing multiple CSV files to Excel

Either the images for webpage or no-longer available or my company's security settings are not allowing them to load.
    The SQL statements are?

Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SpillerBD View Post
    Either the images for webpage or no-longer available or my company's security settings are not allowing them to load.
    The SQL statements are?
    The pictures have been removed. They were there in Feb. It provides you step by step instructions on how to append to CSV files.

Quote Originally Posted by ssalazarjr View Post
    The pictures have been removed. They were there in Feb. It provides you step by step instructions on how to append to CSV files.
    yeah, another fine Microsoft example of how to maintain your company's webpage for excellent customer service. Like there Support page has been off-line for 2 weeks I think.... MSFT is MSFT's own worse enemy