IF Formula HELP!!

This is a discussion on IF Formula HELP!! within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I am trying to create a formula that will pull the word value from one range of cells and match ...

Default IF Formula HELP!!

I am trying to create a formula that will pull the word value from one range of cells and match it to another range of cells if the word indicated is listed.

SEE EXAMPLE for clarification

A B
    Suite # Space
    101 Leased
    102 VACANT
    103 VACANT

What I need is if the B cells say VACANT, then the value of the cell I am creating the formula in will input the Suite # (A Cells) that associates with the VACANT cell.

Does this make sense????? Please HELP!!

MrExcel MVP, Administrator Von Pookie's Avatar

Something like this?

******** ******************** ************************************************************************>
    Microsoft Excel - Book1___Running: xl2002 XP : OS = Windows Windows 2000
    (F)ile (E)dit (V)iew (I)nsert (O)ptions (T)ools (D)ata (W)indow (H)elp (A)bout
    =

A
    B
    C
    D
    Suite#Space**
    101Leased*
    102VACANT102*
    103VACANT103*
    Sheet1*

[HtmlMaker 2.42] To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box
    PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.
    Kristy

Default Re: IF Formula HELP!!

This is the right track, is there a way to cover a range of cells so that you don't have to enter for each row. THANKS!!!!!!

MrExcel MVP, Administrator Von Pookie's Avatar

Enter the formula in C2, and then move the mouse over the bottom right hand corner of the cell until you get a little cross-hair. Click and drag down to fill however many cells you need. The formula should automatically change the cell references.
    Kristy

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others