Formula taking ref from multiple sheets

RAMU

Dear All,

Working with a workbook carrying multiple sheets for FY 14-15. Sheet names are April-14, May-14 contd......

wrkbook.jpg

In the Enquery sheet I have few columns like the snap:

sheet1.jpg

I have mentioned desired results in the cells. But if I change the date & month it should automatically calculate. I mean if i mention 01-May data would be auto calculated from may sheet only.

Is it possible using a formula. if possible, please provide me.

thanks in advance.

Regards
RAMU

Dear Mr. Aladin,

In Enquery sheet there are three parts. One will give me result for a particular item's opening, receive, issue & closing stock detail for any date irrespective of any month. Second will give me result of MTD (Month Till Date) of receiving & issue qty of any item only for that particular item & third one will show month-wise receive & issue detail of any item.

Regards
RAMU

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Dear Mr. Aladin,

Should I be more precise ?

Please let me know. I shall try to be.

Regards
RAMU

Upvote 0
For Opening Stock in A6 you can use a formula like:

=INDEX(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C4:P18"),MATCH(B2,INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C4:C18"),FALSE),MATCH(Enquiry!B1,INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C2:P2"),FALSE))

As you can see the formula is rather cumbersome and things would be much easier if you set out your data in first normal form on a single worksheet.

Upvote 0
Dear Mr. Poulsom,

Thanks for your advice but as other sheets were pre defined by my seniors & I have been calculating manually, I asked for help. I only added enquery sheet for my ready reference.

Let me check. very soon shall give my feedback.

Regards
RAMU

Upvote 0
Dear Mr. Poulson,

Your formula is perfect but when I was trying to take reference from that for Received, Issue & Closing Stock it is not working. Sure am doing something wrong. one thing i cant understand how the formula is defining opening stock.

Similarly how would I proceed for other headings I mean Received, Issue, Closing.

Can't get this. pls help.

Regards
RAMU

Upvote 0
Received:

=INDEX(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C4:P18"),MATCH(B2,INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C4:C18"),FALSE),MATCH(Enquiry!B1,INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C2:P2"),FALSE)+1)

Issued:

=INDEX(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C4:P18"),MATCH(B2,INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C4:C18"),FALSE),MATCH(Enquiry!B1,INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(B1,"mmm-yy")&"'!C2:P2"),FALSE)+2)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back