Pivot Table Gridlines

This is a discussion on Pivot Table Gridlines within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; When a Pivot Table is created, it automatically chooses the style of the lines. How can I choose the style? ...

Board Regular

Default Pivot Table Gridlines

When a Pivot Table is created, it automatically chooses the style of the lines. How can I choose the style?

I know why would I want to do this, I just want to develop a consistency among my reports.

Parra

Board Regular

Default Re: Pivot Table Gridlines

We'll I just tried something. I checked the Preserve formatting option for the P.T. and fields retain the formatting but not data portion of it.

Parra

Board Regular

Any ideas on how to retain the formatting from the data portion of a pivot table?

Parra

Board Regular

I have tried all sorts of methods in the past via Excel Help etc. - including enabling selection & Format/Autoformat (these work to some extent) /and Styles(Help says PTs use "Normal" style) .... without success. In the end, the workaround is quite successful. I now use separate formatted sheets with formulas like =VLOOKUP() to refer to the table so the method of transfer is :-
    Raw data (no formatting) -> Pivot Table (no formatting) -> Report.

For the work that I do this is generally not a problem because I often need several worksheets referencing the one pivot table.

I do not really want Microsoft to improve the formatting facility for PTs because experience shows that, when they add features, the processing time increases. They do a brilliant job very fast at present.
    Regards
    BrianB (using XL2003 & 2010)
    Most problems occur from starting at the wrong place.
    Use a cup of coffee to speed up all Windows processes.
    It is easy until you know how.
    **FORMATTED/COMMENTED CODE IS MORE LIKELY TO GET A REPLY

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others