An interesting graphical effect - need help understanding how this is done

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
That will just be a shape containing a hyperlink, whereby the hyperlink takes you to a different sheet.

Upvote 0
you'll find some information via name manager, but the project is locked and you also have the associated add in

Upvote 0
Well, it's not a shape but a picture with a hyperlink.

What I did not know was that if you group several pictures with a hyperlink, the hyperlink remains valid for each individual picture.
While grouping to 1 object, the hyperlinks still work when hovering over the original picture.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! Do you know how they made sheets invisible. When I try to change the property in their spreadsheets I get a class error. Would setting the property to very hidden still allowed the hyperlinks to work?

Also, when you click one of those group tabs, they change color and ad an arrow like tip. Also would like to know how to do that :)

Thanks

Upvote 0
they are offering the software for free in it beta state

Upvote 0
Also, when you click one of those group tabs, they change color and ad an arrow like tip. Also would like to know how to do that :)

As I wrote above, there are 8 sheets, 1 for each group. Each tab (group A to H) has the picture on top, and the "active" group in the picture looks different, with the arrow.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! Do you know how they made sheets invisible. When I try to change the property in their spreadsheets I get a class error. Would setting the property to very hidden still allowed the hyperlinks to work?

Also, the sheets are not invisible. It's just that the sheet tabs are not shown.
A hyperlink to a hidden sheet or a very hidden sheet will not work but not raise an error.
A hyperlink to a sheet and after that the linked sheet is deleted: that will raise an error when clicking the hyperlink.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back