UDFs - strange behaviour

RatExcel

Board Regular
Hello,

I've created several UDFs, they were working just fine, but after I saved and reopened the workbook all of them have been returning #NAME error just like Excel could not locate them. They were saved in standard code module. I've played a little bit with Excel trust settings, reopened the workbook again and everything was working fine. Then I changed those settings back to previous ones and UDFs are working as expected. I'm afraid that this situation may happen again when I distribute this workbook to other users. Is there any way to ensure that this UDFs will be working? Have any one of you ever experienced similar problem? Any help or tips will be appreciated :)

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
When I started writting UDFs my macro setting was Disable all macros with notification, then I saved the workbook and got #NAME error on reopening. I changed settings to Enable all macros, saved the workbook and when reopened UDFs were working just fine. Then I changed settings back to Disable all macros with notification, saved the workbook and reopened once again - UDFs were working fine. That looks quite strange to me. So now I have Disbale all macros with notification settings turned on and UDFs are working. I have one question regarding add-in. Is there possibility to somehow embed the addin in the workbook or it has to be installed separatelly on every computer on which the workbook will be distributed?

Upvote 0
So if I distribute the .xlsm workbook with module in it containing all my UDFs they will work but only if user has macros enabled, yes? Is there any way to ensure that this UDFs will be working? I know about the method using let's say splashscreen informing user that macros have to be enabled - otherwise all sheets are being hidden. But is there any other way to make sure that UDFs will be doing their jobs regardless users' settings?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back