Delete Rows with Small Values in 1 Column

z3115

Board Regular
Hello,

I need a macro that will delete rows based on a value in a specific column. I know this is not an uncommon code, but so far nothing I've found has worked with the little variations I have:

1) I want the number threshold on which to delete the rows to be a cell reference (i.e. so the user can change it based on what they want to see).

2) It would be an absolute value threshold (as in, if the user puts 100, it would delete all rows with a value of -100 to 100 in column B)

3) I need the first 2 rows to be ignored (they have titles, headers, etc, but the data is NOT formatted as a table).

I realize this is a specific request, so thank you so much for the help!

Edit:

This seems to be a good starting point, just doesn't do absolute value or ignore the first rows:

Code:
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif; white-space: inherit;">[COLOR=#00008B]Sub[/COLOR] DeleteRows()    Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=#800000]False[/COLOR]    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual    [COLOR=#00008B]Dim[/COLOR] i [COLOR=#00008B]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00008B]Long[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#00008B]For[/COLOR] i = Range([COLOR=#800000]"A"[/COLOR] & Rows.Count).[COLOR=#00008B]End[/COLOR](xlUp).Row [COLOR=#00008B]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=#800000]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00008B]Step[/COLOR] -[COLOR=#800000]1[/COLOR]        [COLOR=#00008B]If[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00008B]Not[/COLOR] (Range([COLOR=#800000]"C"[/COLOR] & i).Value < [COLOR=#800000]5000[/COLOR]) [COLOR=#00008B]Then[/COLOR]            Range([COLOR=#800000]"C"[/COLOR] & i).EntireRow.Delete        [COLOR=#00008B]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00008B]If[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#00008B]Next[/COLOR] i    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic    Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=#800000]True[/COLOR] </code></pre>[COLOR=#00008B][FONT=Consolas]End[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#00008B][FONT=Consolas]Sub[/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Sorry first code got messed up:

Code:
[CODE]
Sub DeleteRowsThreshold()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
    Dim i As Long
    For i = range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1
        If Not IsNumeric(range("B" & i).Value) Or range("B" & i).Value < 5000 Then
            range("B" & i).EntireRow.Delete
        End If
    Next i
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Edit again...I now have everything figured out except how to ignore the first few rows, thoughts?

Upvote 0
Anddd I've figured out my own issue, but for anyone else, the above code will work, you just need to change the "If Not" line to

If Not IsNumeric(range("B" & i).Value) Or Abs(range("B" & i).Value) < Sheets("Instructions").range("G7").Value Then

Where G7 is the cell you are using to set the limit. Then adjust the number in between To and Step in the 5th line to pick which row the macro should start working (so since I wanted it to leave the first 2 rows alone, I changed the 1 to a 3).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back