Use a Slicer in One Pivot Table to control a Filter in another Pivot Table based on a different data set

krafty001

I currently have a workbook that has 5 pivot tables using a single data set. There is a slicer on a Presentation page that controls all 5 of these pivots using pivot table connections. I have another Pivot table (Category Totals sheet) that is based on a different data set however it does have the same field and content I want to do the same filtering to.

I am sure there is some VBA code that will read either the slicer or one of the filters and then execute the filter in the Pivot located on the Category Totals sheet. I have Googled some references to potential solutions but can't seem to get it to work.. Using Cell Text to Filter PivotTables - Excel Programming - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Again the goal is to use the slicer on the presentation worksheet to change the pivot filter on the category totals page

I am stuck... Need help !!

Link to the file I need help with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ranatrdymieuv5l/Snacks Nielsen CBR - Copy test using Macro.xlsm?dl=0

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back