Dynamic Named Range Without Sheet Reference

Chookz

Board Regular
Hey guys,
I have data that I want to add to 45 reports (each on different worksheets).
Im currently creating the first report (on worksheet 1) and once it's done I plan on copying the sheet 45 times to get my 45 reports. The reports use vlookups, index and match formulas to display the data so I just change the name on each report sheet.
I have some data that I would like to put in a chart. Problem is this data will be a dynamic range. eg. on 1 report it may be a range of 10 rows, on another report it might be 5 rows.
If i make a chart with absolute ranges (eg. I just make it say 12 rows so it will get any range I have in my reports) I can use that when I copy the worksheet 45 times, however when the report has less than 12 rows of data for the chart I get these big spaces on my chart.
Ive used dynamic named ranges with the OFFSET function in charts before, but if I want to copy worksheets then the named range will keep referencing back to my first worksheet. I will have a few charts per report, so with this method i'd be looking at creating 100+ named ranges, then manually entering those ranges in the individual charts. Then it gets hard if i ever need to make a change to one of the charts.
So Im wondering is it possible to create a dynamic named range for the entire workbook that would select a range say between A1:A20 regardless of what sheet you are on? And use this as a chart series reference?
Then I can copy my sheet 45 times for all the reports and it will look to the range in A1:A20 on each new sheet?
Hope that makes sense?
Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
You can define the scope of a Named Range as Global (workbook) or Local (worksheet).

To define a Named Range as local, prefix the name with the sheet name in the Name Manager e.g.;
'Sheet1'!MyData

Then if you were to copy Sheet1, its named range would also be copied and the copied name would refer to its copied sheet.

Named Range Scope

Edit the scope from the Name Manager

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back