Can't insert ActiveX objects

g13392

Hello,

New to MrExcel. I know my problem is posted in other threads, but I can't seem to find any solution. I have Excel 2007, and I have a workbook with ActiveX checkboxes on the worksheet. I also have a macro that ties the worksheet to see which checkboxes are ticked or not. I was using this file for past year or so, but all of a sudden, I cannot tick the checkboxes. Furthermore, the macro is giving me an error message saying "Object doesn't support this property or method". The workbook is unprotected, in case you may be asking.

I went into Excel Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, and checked the ActiveX and Macro settings, and they are "Enable all controls" and "Enable all macros"), respectively. I've also tried to open new Excel, and insert ActiveX controls, but none of them work. I get "Cannot insert object" error message.

If I take the same file and open with excel 2010, everything seems to work. So I don't think the file is corrupted. I can't seem to figure out what I need to do. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Rick and Smitty,

Thanks for your quick reply. I followed the directions from the links you guys sent, and deleted the MSForms.exd, so now inserting activeX objects work. However, the original file still does not work. I cannot tick/untick the checkboxes, and the macro still gives me the error message saying "Object doesn't support this property or method". On this error message, if I click on debug, it links to the yellow highlighted line "Sheets("Sheet1").CheckBox1.Value = False" in VBA.

Further insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Smitty,

The link takes me to a Microsoft account. I enter my user ID and password, but it's not letting me access it. I tried changing pw, but still doesn't work. Any other thoughts? If you can access the text, can you post it here?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I guess not everywhere has effective moderators... :biggrin:

Upvote 0
1.Close Your Excel 2. Goto C Drive 3. Search for *.exd Files 4. Delete all .exd files. 5. start Excel again it will solve Your ActiveX Object and "cannot insert object" problem

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back