VBA Help

hugo15

Wonder if someone can help me please. A colleague has a planning model with lots of code behind it that she had built by some consultants quite a while ago. Last week the model worked fine, but she has gone to use it today and on opening the model she is getting an error message that says "Compile Error - Method or Data member not found" and highlights .checkBox2 in the following code

Sub check_checkboxes()
If Sheet4.CheckBox2.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox3.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox4.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox5.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox6.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox7.Value = 0 Then
Sheet4.Cells(12, 11).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Else
Sheet4.Cells(12, 11).Interior.ColorIndex = 43
End If

End Sub

I've had a look at the code and can't see anything wrong. The model was originally written in 2003 and we are now running 2010. I have checked with the IT guys and they don't believe there have been any patch updates over the weekend.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Thanks Peter. Sounds like that could well be linked to my issue. I'll go back to the IT guys and get them to look a bit closer.

Upvote 0
We are making progress! Turns out that patch update was applied site wide yesterday morning, just before the user started running the model.......

We have followed the guidance in the documents in the link but it still will not work. My IT colleague has gone to build up a PC without the patch update installed to see if that works. Hopefully it will then run and we'll be able to remove the patch from users machines.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back