Problems Assignnig CTRL+SHIFT+R to macro

BuddieB

Board Regular
I'm having problems assigning the keyboard accelarator or keyboard shortcut:

CTRL+SHIFT+R

to a macro.

I recently got a new computer with XL2003 on it, most of my other keyboard shortcuts work fine still (once I imported my personal.xls file) but for some reason the macro I assigned to CTRL+SHIFT+R doesn't respond.

Basically I have set up macros to LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT alight text using CTRL+SHIFT+L, E, R respectively...but for some reason the RIGHT ALIGN macro doesn't respond to teh keyboard input???

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Does it do anything that you can tell? Any add-ins that might be reassigning this?

Upvote 0
Yes the other 2 work fine.

No, I haven't added any add-in's other than the Analysis toolpak, so there shouldnt' be any problems with conflicts like that.

When I go into the macro options diaglog, it says that CS+R is assigned properly, and I can run the macro cleanly from the dialog box or from VB directly, but not with teh keyboard shortcut...

does anyone know of a conflict with Ctrl+Shift+R in XL2003?

It worked fine before when I had it in XL2000. ARGH!

Upvote 0
I have even tried the application.onkey command to set the keyboard command to it...

I also have no problem with any other letter other than R... I can reassign the keyboard command, but I am so used to it beign CS+R that I dont want to change simply because it's XL2003...

Is there anyway to list all the macro assigned keyboard commands? Or are they all just stored in the macro code itself... I believe I Read taht earlier in some other posts...just wondering...

Upvote 0
Anyone seen this before? I'm still looking for a solution (other than renaming my macro)... also I have the same problem where XL doens't recognize the CTRL+SHIFT+& command to put a border around the selection.

Any thoughts?

BuddieB said:
I'm having problems assigning the keyboard accelarator or keyboard shortcut:

CTRL+SHIFT+R

to a macro.

I recently got a new computer with XL2003 on it, most of my other keyboard shortcuts work fine still (once I imported my personal.xls file) but for some reason the macro I assigned to CTRL+SHIFT+R doesn't respond.

Basically I have set up macros to LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT alight text using CTRL+SHIFT+L, E, R respectively...but for some reason the RIGHT ALIGN macro doesn't respond to teh keyboard input???

Upvote 0
Hi Buddie,

I still can't seem to duplicate your problem. Ctrl + Shift + R works for me. I wonder if the macro is available to you at all times? You can see it when you press Alt + F8, right? Could you possibly have another routine with the same shortcut, I wonder?

Upvote 0
Can you get the outline border command CTRL+SHIFT+& to work? That one is another one that doesn't seem to work on my new machine as well!

Upvote 0
Yes, Ctrl + Shift + 7 does put a border (single, thin continuous) around my selection.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back