Count if consecutuve missed payments only

brandon16

Board Regular
Hi
I have 4 columns and I need to know how many consecutive payments have been missed. The column titles are 'Missed or less payment received then 1</SPAN>'In the columns below there is a '1' if missed.

example
If in August there is a 1 and in Sep there is a 1 but October there is a 0 then i need to show that as 2 consecutive payments.
If in Auguest there is a 0 and in Sep there is a 0 and in October there is a 0 but November is a 1 then need to show 1 consecutive payment

Below is my table, any ideas on how to do this?

August</SPAN>September</SPAN>October</SPAN>November</SPAN>
Payment received August</SPAN>Arrears balance as at COB 31.08.14</SPAN>Hidden Arrears</SPAN>Missed or less payment received then 1</SPAN>Payment Received September</SPAN>Arrears balance as at COB 30.09.14</SPAN>Hidden Arrears</SPAN>Missed or less payment received then 1</SPAN>Payment Received October</SPAN>Arrears Balance as at COB 31.10.14</SPAN>Hidden Arrears</SPAN>Missed or less payment received then 1</SPAN>Payment Received November</SPAN>Arrears balance as at COB 30.11.14</SPAN>Hidden Arrears</SPAN>Missed or less payment received then 1</SPAN>Difference from July - November</SPAN>Volume of Accs</SPAN>Total Number of Missed Payments</SPAN>Total number of Consecutive Payments</SPAN>Accounts in Credit as at November 2014</SPAN>
Full payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN>N</SPAN>0</SPAN>Less than full payment received</SPAN>£0.00</SPAN> 1 </SPAN>Full Payment received</SPAN>£0.00</SPAN> 0 </SPAN>Full Payment received</SPAN>£0.00</SPAN> 0 </SPAN>£0.01</SPAN>1</SPAN>1</SPAN>
Full payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN>N</SPAN>0</SPAN>Full Payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN> 0 </SPAN>Full Payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN> 0 </SPAN>Full Payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN> 0 </SPAN>£0.00</SPAN>1</SPAN>0</SPAN>
Full payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN>N</SPAN>0</SPAN>Full Payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN> 0 </SPAN>Full Payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN> 0 </SPAN>Full Payment received</SPAN>-£0.01</SPAN> 0 </SPAN>£0.00</SPAN>1</SPAN>0</SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY><COLGROUP><COL><COL span=3><COL><COL span=3><COL><COL span=3><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL></COLGROUP>

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
i assumed the sequence was by row (e.g. january row2, february row 3, etc) when i tried this formula...it seemed to work; im sure you could use the same concept by altering it to work by column.

formula assumed payment indication was in column d, with "1" being paid and "0" being unpaid

=IF(D2<>0,0,IF(OR(D1=0,D2=0),E1+1,0))

Upvote 0
Sorry,

I need to measure it by column, so if cell J5 was 1 and cell N5 was 1 r5 was 0 and v5 was 0 then populate cell Z5 with 2. Then I can drag the formula down.
Cell J5
August
Missed or less payment received then 1

cell N5
September

cell R5
October

cell V5
November

</SPAN>

Upvote 0
if it is always only 4 columns and you are only concerned with consecutive payments missed from the last month going backwards then this might work...
=IF(AND(J3=0,N3=0,R3=0,V3=0),4,IF(AND(N3=0,R3=0,V3=0),3,IF(AND(R3=0,V3=0),2,IF(V3=0,1,0))))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have added another column in as I forget but now it won't work, I have followed the same principle?

=IF(AND(G5=0,K5=0,O5=0,S5=0,W5=0),5,IF(AND(K5=0,O5=0,S5=0,W5=0),4,IF(AND(O5=0,S5=0,W5=0),3,IF(AND(S5=0,W5=0),2,IF(AND(W5=0),1,1,0))))

Upvote 0
Also, the formula above doesn't quite work. For the first row

August
Value = 0

cell N5
September
Value = 1

cell R5
October
Value = 0
cell V5
November
Value = 0
So the output should be 1

The row under shows the following and should output a 0 as im only looking at consecutive missed payments of which is the value of 1

August
Value = 0

cell N5
September
Value = 0

cell R5
October
Value = 0
cell V5
November
Value = 0

Upvote 0
=if(and(g5=0,k5=0,o5=0,s5=0,w5=0),5,if(and(k5=0,o5=0,s5=0,w5=0),4,if(and(o5=0,s5=0,w5=0),3,if(and(s5=0,w5=0),2,if(w5 =0,1,0)))))

Upvote 0
it would work only if you are concerned with consecutive payments missed from the last month going backwards as a reference. if you have 4 missed payments in a row, but the next month have a payment, it will not denote that there were 4 consecutive missed payments. are you looking for the maximum number of missed payments?

Upvote 0
In the row im looking for the number of consecutive missed payments, so where the cells G5 K5 O5 S5 W5 have a consecutive missed payment (i.e value of 1).

G5 - 1 K5 - 0 O5 -1 S5 -0 W5 - 0 - Thats 1 consecutive missed payments
G6 - 1 K6 - 1 O6 -1 S6 -0 W6 - 0 - Thats 3 consecutive missed payments

Is that not do able?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back