Look up data and send to next sheet

Vortex69

I am trying to help a friend. This Macro will do a data search and find all the criteria you place in column C.

Instructions:

When you open the file you will see under column C the numbers 2 10 2 in rows C:2 C:3 C:4. I am looking for all the number sequences down column C that have the 2 10 2 in them

Click on the button labeled "Find Patterns"
That brings up a box that says select range(s) you will high lite C:2 to E:2 and drag down to C:4 E:r and then press "OK"

This will begin the search. When it finds the answers it will show you a location that the next set of numbers ( 2 10 2) are in $C$17:$E$22
click on "OK" this brings you to that location

I want to be able for the Macro to copy and paste all the locations it finds and place them on the next sheet with 10 rows above and 10 rows below (info from B:J)

If this can not be done easily then I would like the ability to pause the search and copy the location to another sheet manually and then start where it left off. Presently every-time I go to copy and paste, I have to stop it and start all over again.

Number Search

I appreciate any and all help that yall can give

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
do autofiltering
data must have column headigs.
select all data
data-filter
you will have arrows for each column
click arrow at column C
you see all unique values in this colum
deselect select all
select only 2 10 2
click ok
you can copy filtered data any where you like.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying Venkat. I know about filtering like you mention Some issues doing what you suggest are when you select only 2. 10. 2 and copy it does not give you a true picture of what's going on above and below the rows say the two 2's that is requested. It will only show the 2 10 2's unless you know something I don't

Did you read what I'm trying to do? Did you open the spreadsheet and see what is presently doing and what I'm asking for? I'm needing to search all the different locations that for example the 2 10 2s are , copy the 2 10 2s plus 10 rows above and below the outside numbers I.e. The 2s. So if one 2 is in row 100 and the other in row 98 I want to copy and paste rows 110 to 88 and paste that on say sheet 2. I believe the way you suggest, I have to filter the 2 10 2 , mark the row they are on, de select the filter , go look and them and manually copy and paste what is marked which us very time consuming when you have 100,000 rows to look at. Like I said.....unless you know something I don't using the method you suggest I want yo use the format I have or one like it as my spreadsheet suggest

Upvote 0
apologize. I have not understood your requirements. that is my mistake. perhaps some expert (I am not one) will solve the problem. kind regards. once again aplogies

Upvote 0
Is this too hard to figure out how to do? I've noticed no one has tried to help but have had lots of views.

Can an someone recommend a forum that would have some experts that can assist ( I mean no disrespect)

blessings

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertocarrillom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back