easy transfer of data from one workbook to another

diana_jotova

Please help me, I'm trying to make the work of my collegues easier. We have 4 may be 5 workbooks with different information, for example one is with data for the bank transfers to different people, another is with data for the transfered money to each person. So now we fill in data in each workbook, can we do somethink so when you fill in data for example in the workbook for bank transfers it will automatically be spreaded through the workbooks for each person
10x in advance

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi, Diana. Welcome to the Bored.

It seems that what you want is to "link" a cell in an individual person's workbook to a cell in the master transfer workbook. The following formula, placed in any cell in Workbook 2 will link it to Workbook 1, Sheet 1, cell A1:

=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1

Of course, you will change "Book1" to the actual name of your workbook, "Sheet1" to the name of the sheet, and "$A$1" to the actual cell you want to link to.

You don't even have to type it in. With both workbooks open, go to the cell in the second workbook that you want to link to the first workbook. Type in an equal sign to begin the formula, then activate the first workbook, click on the cell with the data to link to the second workbook, and hit Enter. Voila!

Barry

Book 1 (Master)
Book1
ABCD
1MasterBook
2Barry500.00
3Diana600.00
Sheet1

Book 2 (Individual)
Book2
ABCD
1IndividualBook
4Diana600.00
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Yes, Barry I know this trick, but I want some kind of an automatic way to do this, may be some kind of a formula or a VBA application

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back