easy transfer of data from one workbook to another

This is a discussion on easy transfer of data from one workbook to another within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Please help me, I'm trying to make the work of my collegues easier. We have 4 may be 5 workbooks ...

Default easy transfer of data from one workbook to another

Please help me, I'm trying to make the work of my collegues easier. We have 4 may be 5 workbooks with different information, for example one is with data for the bank transfers to different people, another is with data for the transfered money to each person. So now we fill in data in each workbook, can we do somethink so when you fill in data for example in the workbook for bank transfers it will automatically be spreaded through the workbooks for each person
    10x in advance

Default Re: easy transfer of data from one workbook to another

Hi, Diana. Welcome to the Bored.

It seems that what you want is to "link" a cell in an individual person's workbook to a cell in the master transfer workbook. The following formula, placed in any cell in Workbook 2 will link it to Workbook 1, Sheet 1, cell A1:

=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1

Of course, you will change "Book1" to the actual name of your workbook, "Sheet1" to the name of the sheet, and "$A$1" to the actual cell you want to link to.

You don't even have to type it in. With both workbooks open, go to the cell in the second workbook that you want to link to the first workbook. Type in an equal sign to begin the formula, then activate the first workbook, click on the cell with the data to link to the second workbook, and hit Enter. Voila!

Barry

Book 1 (Master)
    ******** ******************** ************************************************************************>
    Microsoft Excel - Book1___Running: xl2000 : OS = Windows XP
    (F)ile (E)dit (V)iew (I)nsert (O)ptions (T)ools (D)ata (W)indow (H)elp (A)bout
    =

A
    B
    C
    D
    Master*Book***
    Barry**500.00***
    Diana**600.00***
    Sheet1*

[HtmlMaker 2.42] To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box
    PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.

Book 2 (Individual)
    ******** ******************** ************************************************************************>
    Microsoft Excel - Book2___Running: xl2000 : OS = Windows XP
    (F)ile (E)dit (V)iew (I)nsert (O)ptions (T)ools (D)ata (W)indow (H)elp (A)bout
    =

A
    B
    C
    D
    Individual*Book***
    *Diana**600.00**
    Sheet1*

[HtmlMaker 2.42] To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box
    PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.
    Barry-

Photo Restoration/Enhancement

http://www.smiledogproductions.com
    click below for detour

Default Re: easy transfer of data from one workbook to another

Yes, Barry I know this trick, but I want some kind of an automatic way to do this, may be some kind of a formula or a VBA application

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others