New Question for Old Chart Problem

mole999

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I've read over this, the problem is the same, i.e. plot x at Y.

My problem appears to be that I'm using Months starting Apr to Mar and I'm trying to force the columns to the left as if I had numbers plotted. Any ideas. I do the the labels, but could I add an additional row with numbers to force it

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I've read over this, the problem is the same, i.e. plot x at Y.

My problem appears to be that I'm using Months starting Apr to Mar and I'm trying to force the columns to the left as if I had numbers plotted. Any ideas. I do the the labels, but could I add an additional row with numbers to force it

Are your months actual date values or mere labels?

Upvote 0
they are labels, thanks for the idea I can test that and see if that makes a difference

though quick thought, I will be starting at April, being 4 and ending at march being 3 so might be an issue

Upvote 0
they are labels, thanks for the idea I can test that and see if that makes a difference

though quick thought, I will be starting at April, being 4 and ending at march being 3 so might be an issue

Shouldn't be a problem if you use complete dates i.e. 4/1/14, 5/1/14, ... , 3/1/15. So long as you do that, the chart should work fine. How you format the dates is up to you. I suggest "m-yy".

Upvote 0
tried it a couple of times, dates display correct but I cannot move the point for it to cross, most annoying

Upvote 0
If you post a link to dropbox, I'll take a look at it. I'm not clear what you mean by "cannot move the point for it to cross".

Upvote 0
sorry its work related and the data is sensitive, without it it wouldn't make sense

i used to in 2003 be able to get the x axis to cross at Y, so the data point started on the Y axis, all its allowing (or should i say displaying) is the data sits off the axis on the first point, fine for a column, but looks wrong for line / area plottings

Upvote 0
Surely you can anonymize it.

At any rate, you can modify either axis as far as where it crosses the other. In this case, I think you want to right click the x-axis. select Format Axis. On the bottom, you can modify "Vertical axis crosses:". See if any of that helps.

Upvote 0
played again, if I recreate as line charts only it will start where I want it to, if I change it to a column chart on one line it then moves off the axis I want to align to :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back