Compare list to master list (text) and insert blank rows in place of missing items

Royzer

This is a cross post from Ozgrid: Compare list to master list (text) and insert rows in place of missing items I posted it on Ozgrid Friday, but have received no help during the three days since. There is time pressure on me to get the report done for this quarter and this project will save me a ton of time and lower my risk of errors a great deal if something can be put together to achieve this.

Here's what I hope to have:

Each month I run a product report which lists the revenue earned by each television station in each of 14 product categories, then I export the report and have to put that month's data into an existing template.

The template has the stations listed, each with a complete set of the 14 product categories. The stations and products in the template have to be "fixed" in nature, that is, each station in the template must always have all product codes available for use.

The obstacle is that the product report structure is NOT fixed. Rather than show a product as having $0 revenue in the report month, it skips the product altogether. If the report data column is pasted to the template (fixed structure), all data below the missing product line will be out of sync with the product names on the template. When that data is pulled by the other worksheets none of it will be correct.

I don't know why, but this page says I "may not post attachments". I have a very descriptive file that shows what the project looks like and what needs to happen, and a file in a followup post that shows the sheet that will receive the paste of the report, but all I can do is ask that you follow the link to the Ozgrid post. I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Sorry. I thought I had done all that was needed by giving notice that I had cross-posted and providing the link to the post on the other site. I got directed to the same rules by someone at Ozgrid and I honestly don't know what I violated (except that I did not ask for responses to be made at the Ozgrid post).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back