RFID data straight into Excel 2007

farmerscott

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Can someone tell me if how I can get RFID numbers straight into Excel 2007?

My RFID reader plugs into the 9 pin serial port.

A quick Google search highlights some software that can do the job but was wondering if this can be worked around.

Thanks for the help,

FarmerScott

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
if there is an API for it then it may work

Upvote 0
my reading is p38 / 39 is more relevant for software Install HyperTerminal Client on Windows 7 or Vista [FREE]
most laptops no longer have the RS232 adapter built in but there are many cheap RS232/USB connectors available, or maybe preferable for a blue tooth connection (not sure how best to set that up)

If hyperteminal is indeed used, then I expect it can be saved as a text file, which can be pulled into excel very quickly

19/20 is about the physical trailing electrical connections between the wand and the PC

Upvote 0
Hi Mole999,

thanks for the comments.

The RFID reader does come with a small program that makes text files out of the data (in real time). Maybe I should be concentrating on getting my information out of this. My real need is to get the last reading (say every 1 second) and have that come into excel. There I want it to do vlookup's etc. In practical term I want to read an electronic tag on a sheep or cow and then have excel come up with a whole history on that animal in real time.

Cheers.

Morning Michael,

As per your link, I had a look and my computer and it does not have the "StrokeReader Control" under the Active X controls. I will have a look to see if I can download it. I did download Mole999 sugestion of the HyperTerminal.

Anyway, are you having a chocolate and golf filled weekend? Excellent rain here yesterday. Will be "burning diesel" over the next few weeks.

cheers.

Upvote 0
Hey Scott
Currently in Barooga with the golf

4 day tournament this weekend....hope the rain stays with you for a little while longer.

fingers crossed on the planting !!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back