Avoid Auto Republish Error Help!

mkp007

I have an Excel VBA program that saves the Excel file every 5-10min. It also publishes a web page with selected ranges of cells. This works 98% of the time. Today I got an error that stopped my program and required me to click ok on the error box. It said "ERROR: Cannot access file in Excel publish to webpage setup" and it indicated the file was the "summary.htm" which is the web page file that I write to. The file is local on my computer so it is not a server access problem.

Is there an outside chance that my saves are too close together?? I would think that the VBA would wait until the saving is complete before it continues.

Should I check the webpage file "summary.htm" for write access before I save the Excel file?

Does anyone have a recommendation?

This person has a similar problem: microsoft - ERROR: Cannot access file in Excel publish to webpage setup - Stack Overflow

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Note, this error did not cause the normal VBA error box to show up. For one, I suppress/capture vba errors. This error came from Excel and the error box it displayed was one I had not seen before. I should have taken a screen capture of it but didn't think of it until after I dismissed it by clicking "ok". The VBA quickly started back where it had left off.

Again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back