Pacing help!

MelanieV13

I need to build a steady bookings pace for 13 Weeks. I know that by Week 5 I want to be at $600K, by Week 9 I want to be at $1,6M, and by the final Week 13 I want to be at $2.4M...but what formula can I use to find what my bookings pace should be at the weeks in between?

I feel like this should be pretty basic, but I am drawing a blank. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
It sounds like you want to interpolate your data. This is sort of like when you have a few dots on a graph and draw a line between them to find roughly where you'd be between the two.

The simplest way to interpolate is to take the difference between the points (so Week 9 minus week 5 = $1M) and divide it by the weeks inbetween (so 9 minus 5 = 4), then divide the difference by the weeks ($1M / 4 = 250K$) to find your increase per week. Then add this increase each week between 5 and 9 (so week 6 = $600K+$250K = $850K, week 7 = $600K+2*$250K = $1,1M etc).

Hope that helps - I haven't provided an exact formula but I think getting an understanding is more useful than copying a formula!

Mackers

Upvote 0
It sounds like you want to interpolate your data. This is sort of like when you have a few dots on a graph and draw a line between them to find roughly where you'd be between the two.

The simplest way to interpolate is to take the difference between the points (so Week 9 minus week 5 = $1M) and divide it by the weeks inbetween (so 9 minus 5 = 4), then divide the difference by the weeks ($1M / 4 = 250K$) to find your increase per week. Then add this increase each week between 5 and 9 (so week 6 = $600K+$250K = $850K, week 7 = $600K+2*$250K = $1,1M etc).

Hope that helps - I haven't provided an exact formula but I think getting an understanding is more useful than copying a formula!

Mackers

YES, thank you! This explanation makes perfect sense to me!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back