Format from a textbox in a userform

brianfosterblack

I am using the following code to take the content from a userform and place it in certain cells in a spreadsheet
ActiveCell.Value = FrmSale.TextBox2
Selection.NumberFormat = "d/m/yyyy"
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
ActiveCell.Value = FrmSale.TextBox3

The problem I am having is that everything is just being entered into all the cells as text
Some Textboxes are dates and they must enter as dates d/m/yyyy
some are whole numbers
some are numbers which must have 2 decimal points after the number e.g 5 entered as 5.00
some are percentages which must have 2 decimal points after the number. In the textbox could be the number 100 but this must enter in the speadsheet as 100% so I guess this should also have a formula to divide by 100 if the number is being represented as a percentage.

Can someone please help with this or point me to somewhere on the internet where I can find the answers.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
This converts text to various numeric values.

Code:
Range("A2").Value = [COLOR=darkblue]CDate[/COLOR](FrmSale.TextBox2)                 [COLOR=green]'Convert date text to serial date value[/COLOR]
Range("A3").Value = Format(FrmSale.TextBox3 / 100, "0%")    [COLOR=green]'Percent e.g.; "88" = 88%[/COLOR]
Range("A4").Value = [COLOR=darkblue]CLng[/COLOR](FrmDecimal.TextBox4)               [COLOR=green]'Text whole number to numeric    (Long)[/COLOR]
Range("A5").Value = [COLOR=darkblue]CSng[/COLOR](FrmDecimal.TextBox5)               [COLOR=green]'Text Decimal to numeric decimal (Single)[/COLOR]
Range("A5").NumberFormat = "0.00"                           [COLOR=green]'Display format for two decimal places[/COLOR]

Upvote 0
Hi ,
Thanks for this but it is not working for my date

This is the code I am Trying
ActiveCell.Value = CDate(FrmSale.TextBox1)

I am using Excel 2007

Upvote 0
Hi ,

I am using Excel 2007

What's in textbox1? With this method, it would have to be a valid date format for it to be converted.

Upvote 0
Hi ,

I am using Excel 2007

When you say "it's not working", what exactly happens? Does it error? If yes what's the error description?

Upvote 0
The code stops on that line and asks if I want to debug or end.
Does it make any difference that the textbox is on a mulitipage1=0 within the userform?

Upvote 0
What's the error description?

It shouldn't matter that TextBox1 on a Multipage object. Double-check the name of the Date textbox is truly TextBox1 and not some other textbox.

As a test, add this line. What is the value displayed in the MsgBox?

Code:
[B]MsgBox FrmSale.TextBox1.Text[/B]

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thank you for all your attention to this problem
this is strange - I added your text MsgBox FrmSale.TextBox1.Text and the message box popped up with the date correctly entered as before and when selected "OK" it accepted the code ActiveCell.Value = CDate(FrmSale.TextBox1) but then got stuck again at
ActiveCell.Value = CDate(FrmSale.TextBox2). I did the same for textbox 2 with the message box and then ActiveCell.Value = CDate(FrmSale.TextBox2) worked fine as well.
What is strange is that I then took out the code "MsgBox FrmSale.TextBox1.Text" and "MsgBox FrmSale.TextBox2.Text" and since then the ActiveCell.Value = CDate(FrmSale.TextBox1) and ActiveCell.Value = CDate(FrmSale.TextBox2) worked fine. I have a number of other dates in the multipage userform as I have to record birthdates of all family members. Do you know what is causing this strange problem or will I have to go through this process with all dates in the codes and after it works the first time then remove the code for the messagebox

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back