Excel Spread Sheet #Div/0! Issue

MarkBurgham

Hi All,

I am in the process of creating a work book and am using the formula below to work through a high number of cells that contain numbers that need to be added together then divided by the number that the formula found to get an average:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$1048576,Working!A2,Sheet1!$H$2:$H$1048576)/COUNTIF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$1048576,Working!A2)

The formula does work however I'm getting the DIV/0! message which throws calculations out in cells that rely on the information from this formula. I've tried several different ways to remove this such as trying ERRORIF but can't get this to work.

Can someone help please?

Regards
Mark

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
=IFERROR(SUMIF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$1048576,Working!A2,Sheet1!$H$2:$H$1048576)/COUNTIF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$1048576,Working!A2),"")

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I am in the process of creating a work book and am using the formula below to work through a high number of cells that contain numbers that need to be added together then divided by the number that the formula found to get an average:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$1048576,Working!A2,Sheet1!$H$2:$H$1048576)/COUNTIF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$1048576,Working!A2)

The formula does work however I'm getting the DIV/0! message which throws calculations out in cells that rely on the information from this formula. I've tried several different ways to remove this such as trying ERRORIF but can't get this to work.

Can someone help please?

Regards
Mark

Mark, what options have you tried (as you mentioned above you tried a few methods). I would think that Mole999's suggestion below should work to output a blank if an error is found. Maybe you can suggest what the issues were with the methods you tried so far?

Upvote 0
Hi, Thank you for your reply - the above formula worked a treat!

If you are going to invoke IFERROR, try to use AVERAGEIF or AVERAGEIFS...

=IFERROR(AVERAGEIF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$1048576,Working!A2,Sheet1!$H$2:$H$1048576),"")

=IFERROR(AVERAGEIFS(Sheet1!$H$2:$H$1048576,Sheet1!$G$2:$G$1048576,Working!A2),"")

Upvote 0
Thank You Aladin,
I do have another issue. The formula above reports the 5 highest numbers on a separate sheet which works well however instead of printing the numbers which are Database sizes I would like the sheet to print data from another cell, these cells contain a number relating to a branch number so we have a quick reference to the sites that are having issues. I have read about Match and Index but have no idea as to how to set this up.

Please could you help?

Let me know I you require any further information to help.

Regards
Mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back