Edit Link: How do I locate the link in the file?

BX

Board Regular
Hi,
Using Edit - link, I am able to see all the source file links in the excel document. I have the choice to open source, change source, and update..but all I want to do is find where one of my links is coming from in the file. I try edit find and can't locate it, but the link appears when I do edit link.
Any suggestions?
BX

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
On each worksheet in turn choose Insert|Name|Define from the menu. For each Name look in the Refers to box for a reference to another file. Delete the Name if you don't need it.

Upvote 0
i always had to use the go to function (F5) with the link info. kind of a pain. maybe it would be easier to spot by changing to formula view (Alt + `)??

Upvote 0
BX said:
Hi,
Using Edit - link, I am able to see all the source file links in the excel document. I have the choice to open source, change source, and update..but all I want to do is find where one of my links is coming from in the file. I try edit find and can't locate it, but the link appears when I do edit link.
Any suggestions?
BX

Hi,

Check out http://www.robbo.com.au/

Upvote 0
Hi Bx,

As well as Andrew's suggestion, if you select all of the sheet tabs and then select Edit|Find and in the Find What box type [*] (including the square brackets), it will go to each of the links in question, then you can delete them.

Regards,

Bill

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for all your replies. I checked all the cells and couldn't find a link. However, I believe the error might occur with the following. When the file opens, it opens another file called: "Template". While in the file last, I saved the Template file as "Template May 12", however, the links still remain as they should with references to "Template". When, I open the file it says it can't locate "Template May 12", I keep trying to find where it is references this, but haven't found it.....could this be a problem with my code:

Thanks,
BX

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back