V Look Up - Not taking correct info from different sheet

The Great SrH

Board Regular
Hi All,

I'm looking for some help with the formula on my tab titled "CR1". Basically the drop down menu relates to names input on the other 2 tabs, and the information in the table will change, depending on the name on the list. I've got that bit working but for some reason it's dropping the information into different dated cells than where it's meant to be going.

It's probably an easy fix but I cant for the life of me figure it out!

Any help with this and improving parts of my spreadsheet will be great! It's at the link below.

http://www.entertainment-central.net/test2.xlsm

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I can see the Name Manager References Dates and _Rag1 & _Rag2 are broken for me, maybe the sheets got renamed and the ranges didn't follow

Upvote 0
I did take the formulas from another sheet. Should they stay as Rag1 (is that the official name in a formula to use) or was I okay to try change them? I'm new to this part of excel (the naming manager).

THis spreadsheet will end up having another 10 teams adding to it, so i wanted to name it something easy to remember.

Upvote 0
I've tried removing all traces of the Rag1/2 references and also amended the "Dates" reference so it took all the dates from "CR1 Data Productivity" tab, but I'm still getting the same issue with the data being input on the wrong dates.

entertainment-central.net/test3.xlsm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not a total answer, I did this (looking at CR1 and DE) 2nd March onward increased the number by 1 each time, on the CR1 it was evident that when i stepped over col R, a gap in the numbering appears on CR1

so we need to change the index match layout to accommodate (I just can't think how at the moment) Index Match uses literal Row and column numbers from the start point

I found this helpful in the past How to Use INDEX MATCH

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I'm still struggling tho haha. I tried using that help to amend my formula but I can't figure it out!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back