Weekly Rates

RobertStancu

Hello guys

I am trying to make a weekly sheet in excel 2003 tu calculate the employee weekly rates
I have Daily Rates, the excel sheet looks something like:
Monday
Name | Rate/hour
Jon Snow | 100
Super Man | 3099787
Lazy Stoner | 0,8

And so on

I Have a sheet for each day of the week.
I want A weekly sheet that shows every employee and the rates he has done in the days that he worked. For example Jon Snow has worked Monday, Friday and Saturday, I want him only once in the weekly sheet and his rates for this 3 days.
Can someone please give me an idea how to do that.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Hi, On the days the employee doesn't work is his name in the list and 0 for the rate for the day or deos he just not appear in the list ?

Upvote 0
he is not going to appear in the list.
It's going to be more complicated. we have more than 1000 man available and it's going to take ages to do the weakly one. my thought are to make a data base sheet with all employees and give them numbers, after that create 7 sheets with the week days and just assign them specific jobs and show there the rates(i would copy the rates manually in the daily sheets). that is the easy part. the hard part is to make a sheet with weekly rates that would take all the man worked in that week and show them only one time and their daily rates.

Upvote 0
If you want some help I'll oblige.

But just some advice...........

1 Definately assign each employee a unique number. If you get multilpe John Smiths or Barry Jones' etc you need to differentiate between them.

2 Create a unique list of names and numbers and alongside this you can put theri rate. Then when they get entered into the weekly list use a vlookup to get the rate (unless the rate changes for every Job they do )

3 Try and build one week per worksheet, there's more than enough columns. It will be much easier to interrorgate and find out who worlked on which job onwhich day or what a particular person did in a particular week.

4 Finaly if you keep the data in one sheet you can, in future, use pivot tables to do some good analysis with data summarised any way you like, as long as its in the sheet.

If you want to PM me, feel free.

Brian

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back