Events and Active X controls not working

tonyenglish

Hi folks I've hit an issue with some VBA. To make things really simple I've put together a really basic spreadsheet. In the Workbook_open event I have a msgbox that consists of msgbox "Events Enabled = " & application.EnableEvents to show the events status and a line to set it to true. This bit of code runs as I can see the popup show and it says that the events are enabled.

I have a beforeDoubleClick event set on a cell in the worksheet and an Active X button on the worksheet. All they do is show a message box. Neither of these work. But if I put a Form based button on the worksheet that works fine.

So does anybody know why I can't get the active x and events to fire off even though my VBA is running and enabling events?

It works fine on my PC, just not on some that I email it to.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I can't say why events other than ActiveX wouldn't be working (there's not much point enabling events from the workbook_open event - if they aren't already enabled, that code won't run) but it's quite possible you have an issue with ActiveX controls due to an MS Update: Office Update breaks ActiveX controls | Excel Matters

Upvote 0
Hi,

The enable events was only in there to ensure that events were enabled. Unfortunately any sheet based event doesn't seem to be firing off. Which is odd given that the workbook_open event is running! I can get by without the activeX stuff, but need to work out why the events are not working

Upvote 0
Do the events work if you remove the activex controls completely? One can interfere with the other.

If that still doesn't fix it, do you have any conditional formatting in the sheet that uses a UDF?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back