Transport column data from a sheet to another

l3m0npartii

Hi,

I have two sheets in my workbook. One is linked and updated with another sheet in another file, and the second one is where I want to transport data to (from the first one).

So in the first sheet, I have a list of names along with some groups, levels, etc in which they belong to. I want to be able to write a formula where I can have a list of these names in the second sheet, however, only transporting those who are in a certain group or level. So far, what I use is the IF function such as:

*The formula is just to show you the idea, not the actual formula*

=IF(GroupnameB1=Team1,"",IF(LevelC1=5,"",NameA1))

So as you can see, I create a filter of the group, then I make the value if false to be another filter.

But here is the problem, if the person does not belong to neither Team1 nor Level 5, on the list I get in the second sheet there will be a blank.

I want to have a list of names of people who belong to team1 and level 5 but without these blanks in between.

help???

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
If you're looking for a simple solution, you can just use autofilter and/or sort on the second sheet to show only those that fit both criteria.

Code:
=IF(AND(B1="Team1",C1="5"),A1,"")

Advance filter may also be an option, but it's a bit difficult to use. VBA can make it easy and repeatable, but it can be a little overkill for a simple solution.

As far as I know, there isn't an easy formula that will give you a custom list without using sort/autofilter.

Upvote 0
If you're looking for a simple solution, you can just use autofilter and/or sort on the second sheet to show only those that fit both criteria.

Code:
=IF(AND(B1="Team1",C1="5"),A1,"")

Advance filter may also be an option, but it's a bit difficult to use. VBA can make it easy and repeatable, but it can be a little overkill for a simple solution.

As far as I know, there isn't an easy formula that will give you a custom list without using sort/autofilter.

Hi,

Thanks for the help, this clearly shortens my equations. However, it still creates a blank for those names that aren't belong to the filters.

What coding would I put down for this in Macros?

Upvote 0
I haven't tested this, but this is most likely how I would do it:

Code:
Sub NoBlanks()
    Dim i As Integer

Sheets(Sheet2).Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Delete Shift:=xlUp

Sheets(Sheet1).Activate

Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="Team1"
    Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="5"
    Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy Destination:=Sheets(Sheet2).Range("A1")
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back