?Offset and formulatext functions?

AllMikeLong

Hi,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get excel to work with me here. I have attached an example workbook showing what I'm trying to do. If someone could explain to me how to solve this I would be very thankful.

I'm trying to construct a summary table of a large worksheet. I have a value (given in cell G4). Now my summary table begins at cell J7 with a copy of the value in G4. ok easy (this part i have to manually select for each of the data subsets due to slight varaition in entries to each subset). Next in under "result 1" (cell K7) I have used formulatext and RIGHT functions to extract the text cell information from the original location of my date value. In "result2" (cell L7) I have used offset function to pull data from a cell (E7) near to the original location of my date value. Now what I can't seem to figure out is using both offset and formulatext (as well as RIGHT) to pull data from cell (E7). "Result3" show what I've been trying to use, but excel keeps telling me that the formula is incorrect. What am I missing here?

Thank you,

-Michael

P.S. if you don't see my attachment, it's because I haven't figured out how to attached anything yet. :(

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back