How to have Excel auto highlight a cell if it contains a cer

This is a discussion on How to have Excel auto highlight a cell if it contains a cer within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Howdy all - I think I remember seeing something somewhere that you could tell Excel to highlight a cell if ...

Howdy all -

I think I remember seeing something somewhere that you could tell Excel to highlight a cell if it contained a certain variable, however I don't remember where I saw it.

What I need is this:

Column C (total hours)= Column B (arrival time) minus Column A (departure time) - all times are in 24 hour format.

I would like the Cells in Column C to automatically become highlighted with a color (yellow) if the cell's contents are below 5:00.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Dennis

On 2002-05-23 12:25, SCOPE Adult Day Care wrote:
    Howdy all -

I think I remember seeing something somewhere that you could tell Excel to highlight a cell if it contained a certain variable, however I don't remember where I saw it.

What I need is this:

Column C (total hours)= Column B (arrival time) minus Column A (departure time) - all times are in 24 hour format.

I would like the Cells in Column C to automatically become highlighted with a color (yellow) if the cell's contents are below 5:00.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Dennis
    Select all of the relevant cells in C.
    Activate Format|Conditional Formatting.
    Select "less than" from the box next to the "Cell Value Is" box.
    Activate Format.
    Select yellow from the Patterns tab.
    Give OK, OK.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others