How do I convert weekly % from existing data to come up with 100% in newer data

Kephrem1

The first data set in column B is equal to 100%. Then I have a second data set in column D that represents 32% of the full data set. I want to use a math function so that I can convert the second data against the fist data set so that I am able to achieve 100% by using the second data set.

My assumption was that if I were to convert the second data set to represent 100% and multiply out this with the first data set I would get 100% however, this is not the case. Can someone help. I have included the data as an attachment so that you can see my question more clearly if I am not explaining properly.
Original Data = 100%Comp Data = 32%Comp converted to = 100%New data set that should equal 100%, what I am trying to achieve.
Current CurveComp CurveComp conv. 100%
3%11%35%4.0%
3%4%13%0.4%
2%3%10%0.2%
3%2%7%0.2%
3%1%4%0.1%
3%2%5%0.1%
2%2%5%0.1%
2%3%11%0.3%
3%1%4%0.1%
3%1%3%0.1%
3%0%1%0.0%
3%1%2%0.1%
3%3.0%
3%2.8%
3%2.7%
3%2.6%
2%2.4%
2%2.3%
2%2.3%
3%3.4%
1%1.4%
2%2.3%
2%2.3%
3%3.0%
4%3.7%
2%2.3%
6%6.4%
4%4.3%
5%4.6%
5%5.1%
6%5.7%
4%4.3%
100%32%100%73%

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Welcome to the board.

I don't understand the relevance of the center two columns, but multiply each value in the last column by 1/73% (~ 1.37) to make it total 100%.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First column is my current curve for sales for a product. The second column data is a comparison product that I am using to plan for a sell thru curve however, since it does not add to 100% I converted it into 100% in the third column data. now I want to multiply the two data sets to help me get back to 100% that was the fourth data set.

Upvote 0
now I want to multiply the two data sets to help me get back to 100% that was the fourth data set.
I don't understand what that means.

Also, you might want to take a few minutes to read the forum rules about cross-posting, both here and at ExcelForum.

Upvote 0
you might want to take a few minutes to read the forum rules about cross-posting, both here and at ExcelForum.
While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule #13 here: Forum Rules).

This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

For a more complete explanation on cross-posting, see here: Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters).

Please provide a link to the Cross-Posted thread on Excel Forum here.

Upvote 0
While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule #13 here: Forum Rules).

This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

For a more complete explanation on cross-posting, see here: Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters).

Please provide a link to the Cross-Posted thread on Excel Forum here.

My apologizes I did not realize this, I will keep this in my mind for future postings.

Upvote 0
My apologizes I did not realize this, I will keep this in my mind for future postings.
Can you please add that link in here, so anyone who may help on this question can see what has already been suggested/done over there?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back