Data Validation Dependent List

Tomaljoe69

ABCDEFGHI
1RegionsClub
Sheet 1

<tbody>
</tbody>

ABCDEFGHI
1RegionArmy BAEast MidlandsEastern CountiesHome CountiesLondonMerseyside & CheshireMidlandsNorth West Region
2Army BAArmy BAAldercar & Langley Mill ABCBerryAylesbury ABCAlma ABC1st Class ABCAston ABCABC Bolton Champions
3East MidlandsAllenton Boxing Academy ABCBillericay WICKFORDBedford ABCBarking Boys ABCAintree ABCBirmingham City ABCAmbleside ABC
4Eastern CountiesBolsover ABCBraintreeBishop Stortford ABCBroad Street ABCAnfield ABCBromford ABCAncoats Lads ABC
5Home CountiesBuxton ABCBrentwood YouthBletchley ABCCITY OF LONDON POLICE ABCBIRCHGREEN ABCDnA Boxing School ABCArdwick Lads ABC
6LondonChadd ABCCanveyBushey ABCCounty ABCBirkenhead VentureEastside ABCAshton Albion
7Merseyside & CheshireChesterfield ABCCastleCheshunt ABCDagenham (Police & Community) Boxing ClubBootle ABCHall Green ABCAstley V.I.P ABC
8MidlandsDerby City Boxing Academy ABCCenturionDallow ABCEAST LONDON BOXING ACADEMYBoxing Fit AcademyKingstanding Second City ABCBarrow ABC
9North West Region
Dronfield ABCChadwell St MaryHeath & Reach ABCFairbairn ABCChester Police ABCNechells Green ABCBarton ABC
Sheet 1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Hello

These are my two sheets of data, in sheet one in cell A2, I have set up a Data Validation list to select from source in Sheet 2 Cell range A2:A9. I would like the list in column two to be dependent on the selection on Column1, so for example if i select East Midlands the Options in the adjacent Cell in column 2 will be limited to the range in Sheet 2 C2:C9, I cant seem to get it from the info people have provided so far, so detail instructions would help thanks again

John

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hello

Thanks for your help but this is not quite what I am looking for;

The Header for Column A sheet 1 is "Regions" and the header for Column B is Club.

I will input data from Cell A2 dowands, I have 8 selections to choose from.
The Data list for this cell is Found in sheet 2 in the range A2:A9 I have 8 choices,
Dependent on this on my choice in Sheet 1 cell A2, choice of region I would then like the list in B2 to be restricted to the choices within that region.
For example if I select Army BA in Cell A2 then in cell B2 I will be restricted to the list of "clubs" in the range B2 found on Sheet 2
For example if I select East Midlands in Cell A2 then in cell B2 I will be restricted to the list of "clubs" in the range C2:C9 found on Sheet 2
For example if I select Eastern Counties in Cell A2 then in cell B2 I will be restricted to the list of "clubs" in the range D2:D9 found on Sheet 2

I do not want to use any more the two columns on Sheet 1

Hope that makes Sense

Thanks again for your help

AB
1RegionsClub
Sheet 1

<tbody>
</tbody>

A
BCDEFGHI
1RegionArmy BAEast MidlandsEastern CountiesHome CountiesLondonMerseyside & CheshireMidlandsNorth West Region
2Army BAArmy BAAldercar & Langley Mill ABCBerryAylesbury ABCAlma ABC1st Class ABCAston ABCABC Bolton Champions
3East MidlandsAllenton Boxing Academy ABCBillericay WICKFORDBedford ABCBarking Boys ABCAintree ABCBirmingham City ABCAmbleside ABC
4Eastern CountiesBolsover ABCBraintreeBishop Stortford ABCBroad Street ABCAnfield ABCBromford ABCAncoats Lads ABC
5Home CountiesBuxton ABCBrentwood YouthBletchley ABCCITY OF LONDON POLICE ABCBIRCHGREEN ABCDnA Boxing School ABCArdwick Lads ABC
6LondonChadd ABCCanveyBushey ABCCounty ABCBirkenhead VentureEastside ABCAshton Albion
7Merseyside & CheshireChesterfield ABCCastleCheshunt ABCDagenham (Police & Community) Boxing ClubBootle ABCHall Green ABCAstley V.I.P ABC
8MidlandsDerby City Boxing Academy ABCCenturionDallow ABCEAST LONDON BOXING ACADEMYBoxing Fit AcademyKingstanding Second City ABCBarrow ABC
9North West RegionDronfield ABCChadwell St MaryHeath & Reach ABCFairbairn ABCChester Police ABCNechells Green ABCBarton ABC
Sheet 2

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back