Stuck in an infinite loop: can't change part of an array?!

jennyrabbit

Board Regular
Hi. I'm messing around with the new formula I learned in another message: linest(blah blah blah) and I made a mistake in the formula so I got back an array of #name. that's fine, except now I can' change anything without getting that error message. I can't even delete the sheet and start over. Can you help me get out of this annoying infinite loop? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
More information on stuck problem

http://us.share.geocities.com/jenny_devaud/error_msg.jpg

Here is a link to a screen shot of my problem. I'm sorry if it loads slowly. You can see the error message and also the array of #name errors. I can't do anything, can't save, can't go to a new sheet, nothing. I have been saving often, but probably not often enough that I will lose something if I terminate the problem. I hope someone can help with this.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Haven't seen your pic (it's still loading), but if you click on a cell in your array, then hit F5 -> Special -> Current array, this will highlight all the cell in that particular array. You can only mke changes as a whole instead of an individual cell if that's the way it was entered. Clear all and start over, or edit all, is the only thing you can do. Either way, you'll need to start by highlighting only the (entire) current array. HTH

Upvote 0
Re: Stuck in an infinite loop: can't change part of an arra

Are you trying to copy an array formula from 1 cell to a range of cells, which include the original cell? That generates the error for me.

If that's it, break your copy into 2 sections.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back