Stuck in an infinite loop: can't change part of an array?!

This is a discussion on Stuck in an infinite loop: can't change part of an array?! within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi. I'm messing around with the new formula I learned in another message: linest(blah blah blah) and I made a ...

Board Regular

Default Stuck in an infinite loop: can't change part of an array?!

Hi. I'm messing around with the new formula I learned in another message: linest(blah blah blah) and I made a mistake in the formula so I got back an array of #name. that's fine, except now I can' change anything without getting that error message. I can't even delete the sheet and start over. Can you help me get out of this annoying infinite loop? Thanks.

Board Regular

Default More information on stuck problem

http://us.share.geocities.com/jenny_.../error_msg.jpg

Here is a link to a screen shot of my problem. I'm sorry if it loads slowly. You can see the error message and also the array of #name errors. I can't do anything, can't save, can't go to a new sheet, nothing. I have been saving often, but probably not often enough that I will lose something if I terminate the problem. I hope someone can help with this.

Hi,

Haven't seen your pic (it's still loading), but if you click on a cell in your array, then hit F5 -> Special -> Current array, this will highlight all the cell in that particular array. You can only mke changes as a whole instead of an individual cell if that's the way it was entered. Clear all and start over, or edit all, is the only thing you can do. Either way, you'll need to start by highlighting only the (entire) current array. HTH
    Regards,
    Zack Barresse
    Excel & Access blog
    All Excel Functions
    Training
    (If you would like comments in any code, please say so.)

Default Re: Stuck in an infinite loop: can't change part of an arra

Are you trying to copy an array formula from 1 cell to a range of cells, which include the original cell? That generates the error for me.

If that's it, break your copy into 2 sections.
    just_jon
    Book of the Month: I'm Not Really an MVP, I Just Play One on TV [j. jon, 2004]

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others