Update multiple columns (from different worksheet) if a column is updated

erin00

I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets.

I have two columns in sheet1 (Let's say it's column A and C). Column A and C are related (A is name, C is Status)

Some of the values in column A can be found in Sheet2 (say column A as well). Some of the values in column A can also be found in Sheet3 (say column A as well). So values in sheet1-A can be found in sheet2-A and/or sheet3-A.

Let's say a value in sheet1-C is changed/updated.

I want to look at sheet1-A and find if it has a match from sheet2-A and sheet3 C.

If it find a match, it should be able to update the value of its corresponding column C.

The code is working in excel 2013 but not in excel 2010. Im not sure if that is the problem. Probably some settings in my excel 2010? any advice on where to check?

Make sure you are not in design mode when you run the macro. If the design mode icon (triangle, ruler and pencil) is highlighted, click it to turn it off. If it is off and the macro still does not execute, then run this snippet.
Code:
Sub RestoreEvents()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

If it still does not execute, I have no idea why.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Thanks JLGWhiz.

I tried the code on a mock-up copy of my original file and it is working. But when I tried to apply it on the original file, it wont working. ugghhh.

Upvote 0
Its working now. Some of the columns are hidden so Im referencing a wrong column. How can I mark your response as correct?

And also, can I do this vice versa? I mean, if sheet1 value changes, sheet2 and/or sheet3 will change. But if changes will also happen in sheet2/sheet3, changes in sheet1 and sheet2/sheet3 will be updated too?

Upvote 0
How can I mark your response as correct?
This forum does not have a facility to mark threads as solved.
And also, can I do this vice versa? I mean, if sheet1 value changes, sheet2 and/or sheet3 will change. But if changes will also happen in sheet2/sheet3, changes in sheet1 and sheet2/sheet3 will be updated too?
I posted more than one version. You need to post the one you are using that works for you so that I understand what you mean by "vice versa". I think maybe using a Workbook_SheetsChange event instead of Worksheet_Change might be one way, but cannot tell for sure without understanding what changes would be made to the other sheets.

Otherwise, you could use the same procedure in the other sheet code modules and just change the sheet references in the procedure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back