That stupid VBA Password prompt

Sven62

Can anyone tell me (or guess) why my workbook operates just fine on all our work computers (US Gov. Office 2010 32 bit) but when I run it at home (Office 2010 32bit) I get that stupid VBA Password prompt when I close it - followed by Excel has stopped Excel is restarting.

Anyone?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
VBA in the workbook that checks for a government network ?

Upvote 0
No. I didn't write any of that in. Might be a path thing though. What kinds of things generate that prompt?

Upvote 0
Did JP's solution on the other forum work for you?

EDIT: Just seen you have just added to your other post to say it didn't work so do you have any addin's or VBA?

BTW, JP also posted the same link on this forum in varying posts, I just expect that you couldn't find the correct search term.

One of Jon Peltiers post

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's a third party program on my computer. I do not have this problem at work. Thank GOD!

Upvote 0
Happy you worked it out. Can you post what the program is just so others are aware if it is not proprietary?

Upvote 0
I think it's a third party program on my computer. I do not have this problem at work. Thank GOD!
That suggests that its not only a work spreedsheet that has issues

Upvote 0
Possibly not, but I don't use Excel much at all. I wrote this one workbook and it has a lot of VBA. It is only used at work and it works fine there. I just brought it home to play with it and I started getting this silly prompt. I think my solution, should we ever encounter this problem at work, will be to unlock the VBA project. No one is going to mess with it. In fact I may just do that anyway.

As to which third party program is affecting it on my home laptop.... no friggin idea!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back