conditional formatting with two conditions

RachelW78

Good Day,

I am trying to apply conditional formatting to cell K. IF cell C is greater than or equal to cell N and cell K equals ENTERED I need the cell in column K to be highlighted. I have made many attempts and read just about everything I could find on-line and in the Excel Bible. Originally I was thinking the IF(AND) nested statement however that only caused error codes and through reading went to the AND statement. I tried just using an AND statement (as both conditions are TRUE), no errors but no results either. Any advise on how to get this accomplished?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hey, lets say you click on column K then go to conditional formatting, new rule, use a formula, did you enter:

=AND(C1>=N1;K1="Entered")
?

Upvote 0
RachelW78, Good evening.

Conditional Format is ideal for this job.

If you want to color K10
Cells to be compared: C4 and N9

Try to do:
Select K10
Menu Conditional Format --> Using Formula

=AND(C4>=N9,K10="ENTERED")

Format Fill color as you want
OK

Please, tell us if it worked for you.
I hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Well then highlight column K go to conditional formatting, new rule, use a formula and enter
=AND(C1>=N1;L1="Entered")

Upvote 0
So i understand what you are saying, just apply the conditional formatting to cell K, which would be acceptable. So I inputted both AND statements from above as suggested above and get even more errors.

Upvote 0
No, just one AND statement.
So your requirements are:
if in one row, the value in Column C is higher than or equal to the value in the same row in Column N AND in the same row in column L it says "Entered", you want the cell in column K in this row formatted?

Click on the box thingy labeled "K" so it highlights the entire column K, then go to conditional formatting, choose new rule, then choose "Use a formula to determine...", and then when it asks you for a formula, just enter:
=AND(C1>=N1;L1="Entered")
and decide how the cells should be formatted

Upvote 0
If thats still not working, maybe upload a sample workbook to something like Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files and post the link on here.
Things easily get lost in "translation" if youre looking at the workbook and we try to recreate it based on your descriptions

If there is sensitive data in the workbook make sure you delete any critical data, but make sure you keep the set up and structure of the file

Upvote 0
RachelW78,

Maybe there is some problem with your file.

Save it at a free site: www. Cjoint. com or other and put a link here to download.

It will be easier to understand your question and help you better.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back