document conditional formatting rules

argeedblu

I've posted this question on UtterAccess.com but would like to expose it to the Excel oriented community.

My immediate issue is dealing with conditional formatting rules and being able to view more than one rule at a time. I have a set of several rules that control the appearance of a cell. It is difficult to debub logical errors in the rules without being able to compare them. On a broader, more general basis, it would be nice to print all the rules that affect certain cells.

Is there any hope or am I chasing my tail?

Glenn

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
i copy into selerate columns and view from there,so i can see how they return false true , and can help decide what order to put the rules in and also using "stop if true"

Upvote 0
i copy into selerate columns and view from there,so i can see how they return false true , and can help decide what order to put the rules in and also using "stop if true"

Thanks Wayne,

I'm actually looking for something to make the rules available as a teaching tool.

Glenn

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I often create my CF rules IN the worksheet itself. This allows for easier editing. Just formulate them to return either TRUE or fALSE

Plus, doing it that way would simplify "texting" the formulas so you can print them

Upvote 0
I'll never invest the time in VBA to become good with it, but I'm reasonably good with Google searches: "excel print all conditional formatting rules" [without the double-quotes]. I think these might help you.

Daily Dose of Excel, April 2010:
Listing Format Conditions | Daily Dose of Excel
VBA Express, May 2014, modifies the code from Daily Dose:
[SOLVED] Listing Conditional Formatting on Separate Sheet or Workbook

Many thanks for those links. I had planned to work on a VBA solution as soon as I could find some time for coding. If this code isn't exactly what I need, it is still going to give me a great start.

Thanks again,

Glenn

Upvote 0
I often create my CF rules IN the worksheet itself. This allows for easier editing. Just formulate them to return either TRUE or fALSE

Plus, doing it that way would simplify "texting" the formulas so you can print them

Ford, that's a great tip. Thanks,

Glenn

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back