Help Needed with Chart

L

Legacy 388346

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this.
I am trying to create a chart with a series of data for two years. I need to split the chart so that it looks like the second image. That being the lower values display in the bottom half of the chart and the higher values on top. I have tried for days to do this and I can just not able to get this to work. Your help is greatly appreciated.
111th91.jpg
[/IMG]

205fdax.jpg
[/IMG]

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Coincidentally, correspondence in another forum encouraged me to rewrite the example on Broken Y Axis in an Excel Chart with a more detailed procedure for constructing the chart.

I was going to repeat that here with your data, but you posted a picture of the data, not the data.

Upvote 0
I have tried following those basis but could not create the chart. I replied on that board asking if you had the xls file so I could see what steps you did? I just can't get this to work. Could you demonstrate step by step how to do this? I got all the way to the 2nd series on the secondary axis but then it just went over my head and no matter what I could not get it to separate no matter how much i tried to change the values.

Upvote 0
Did you look at the web page since asking for the file? I have changed that section so it shows all of the steps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gb24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back