Outlook Macro - Mark folder items as read.

Airn5475

Hello,
I am new to macros, vba and outlook and I guess I just need help getting started. I have a simple request and was wondering if someone could explain a few of the steps.
I would like to create a macro that simply goes to a folder and marks everything as read. Nothing serious, but it's something I do often. I do have rules set up in outlook already, but this is a little different reasoning.

Thank you,
Aaron

My job requires me to get 1000 to 2000 emails daily which get sorted into probably 60-70 folders. Part of the process is, when I come in, I mark all items read so that the emails that come in for me, are not read and get my attention. There is another person here who is also trying to use this macro that I found. We are both having intermittent issues, same as StuLux above. Now, as I started typing this my manager came over and had me try something which seemed to work. When the box comes out that asks you to "Select a Folder", he had me expand everything under Inbox and the scripted worked. Neither of us know if that is why it worked, but before we did that, we were both getting errors today. Just wondering if someone could assist? Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Ok so today we come into work and I have no problem but my manager does. Making the sub-folders for Inbox appear in the selection tree did NOT allow the script to run for him so there is some kind of bug in the macro.

Upvote 0
Tony - this was really useful to me.

I understand this would work for folders with the path Mailbox/Inbox/Folder Name but how would you identify a folder in the Mailbox that wasn't the inbox, say with the path Mailbox/Folder Name?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back