Good Excel VBA books for beginners?

Ignition1

Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend any good books on Excel VBA - I'm a complete beginner to VBA but I've managed okay without it using in built formulas and a lot of work arounds.

I think I need to learn it and (try to) master it as it would make work a lot easier!

Any suggestions?

I live in the UK so stuff I can buy here would be helpful! If it has a CD with examples etc that would be even better.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Either Excel VBA for Dummies (I'm not being rude, it's a good starter book) or one of John Walkenbach's books (which have a CD). If you use one of JW's books, don't just keep going until you think you've mastered it, keep going until the end; things like userforms are very, very useful.

Upvote 0
The sign of a decent textbook is that it looks battered; ripped cover, coffee stains, pizza stains. That tells you it was used a lot, especially during late nights at work when they fed you pizza to keep you alive. If you saw my copy of JW Power Programming you'd chuck it in the bin it's so scrotty.
I haven't looked at it in a few years now, I don't need it any more. But I'm loathe to throw it out!

Upvote 0
If you saw my copy of JW Power Programming you'd chuck it in the bin it's so scrotty.
I haven't looked at it in a few years now, I don't need it any more. But I'm loathe to throw it out!

I have a couple of books like that I keep in the car! Mainly because I used them at work and if I visit friends or relatives they ask my advice on Excel problems.

Always good to have a reference (my copy Excel Guru's Gone Wild always comes in handy for getting round the VLOOKUP issues people always have ;)) and Excel VBA for Dummies has lots of good references in it which I still (on off days) refer to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back