Excel on iMac or Numbers

Expiry

I've just bought myself an iMac. I've not used the inbuilt Numbers spreadsheet program in anger, yet. But I've opened a few simle xls spreadsheets and basic functionality seems ok. It'll take some time to get used to the layout of buttons etc, though.

Anyone else use this? Is it fine to use or should I get a copy of Excel for iMac?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
If you want to do any serious work, I'd get Excel. Numbers doesn't support things like VBA, or a number of useful formulas (SUMIFS for example) as I recall. I admit I haven't used it in a while though.

Upvote 0
I did some Excel training for Apple's Finance and Retail Divisions when I lived in Northern California, and remember asking the head of Finance why they needed Excel training when they had their own spreadsheet product. His response:

"Because Numbers sucks..."

:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
I did some Excel training for Apple's Finance and Retail Divisions when I lived in Northern California, and remember asking the head of Finance why they needed Excel training when they had their own spreadsheet product. His response:

"Because Numbers sucks..."

:ROFLMAO:

I guess that's all I need to know. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatong2008

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back