Linked Excel File

ScottDAndersen

I have an Excel file that is linked to a PowerPoint presentation. The number of rows I would like Linked will change from time to time and I have an animation tied to it. How do I go about updating to add more rows or subtract rows without having to re paste special and add the animations each time I want to make a change.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi, what version of Office are you using?
Please confirm that you wish to dynamically update excel data inside a ppt.

Upvote 0
The PPT file will update upon opening for whatever changes may be applied on the Excel file within the range that you opted to when inserting said data in ppt. But adding rows will not appear as the range is fixed within ppt.
Sorry I do not have a solution for this.

Upvote 0
Might not be from excel but most likely from powerpoint, as powerpoint is here the limiting factor. Would be interested to find if there is indeed a way around. Kindly post back your findings here whenever deemed solved.

Upvote 0
Simply apply a name to the source range in Excel, then copy & paste into PowerPoint, using Paste Special, with the 'paste link' option. Now, if you change the range the Name refers to in Excel, the PowerPoint presentation will update to reflect the new range. Fairly standard Office stuff, this ... works for Word, too.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back